CVSU’s primary purpose is to support the voluntary sector in Uttlesford
We do this by providing a range of professional specialist services and advising on a range of issues including funding, governance and set up. We also have an important role in disseminating information throughout the sector.
In summary CVSU can;
- Provide specialist information and support to enable local people to develop the skills needed to run successful voluntary groups.
- Spread good practice, encourage joint working, and identify duplication of effort
- Work with groups to identify funding streams and give support through the whole application process
- Encourage partnership working to develop new and maintain existing local projects to help strengthen communities
- Monitor existing services and engage with local people to identify unmet need and work with a range of agencies to find a way to address this need, especially in relation to the Public Health agenda.
- Promote equality and diversity by understanding of the needs of disadvantaged and minority groups.
- Help public bodies to engage effectively with local voluntary organisations and community groups and ensure policy makers understand the needs of local voluntary organisations and community groups.